Friday, May 18, 2007

Mbote!

Thats how you say hello in Lingala. Lingala is a Bantu language spoken throughout the northwestern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Congo-Kinshasa) and a large part of the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville), as well as to some degree in Angola and the Central African Republic. It has over 10 million speakers.

I have decided I have to move back to Mexico. My spanish is sliping and everytime I think of life from 0-6 years I get nostalgic because I was around the things I now appreciate so much. I miss my abuelita, and wish I could have spent more time with her. Maybe this all stems to my concern with my dad. He isnt doing so well, and he has me worried sick. Everytime I call and he doesnt answer I automatically assume he is slumped over in his bathroom dead. Its horrible.

Anyway, I want to reconnect with a part of me that I know is always there...but its just harder to find it these days.

Dukakis project was pretty productive today. Spent a few hours walking the streets of North Westwood. I must have taken hundreds of photos of illegally parked cars, sidewalks, roads, parking structures and street sweepers. I left all the counting to my team mates! Anyway, lunch with Justin this afternoon and then some sleep. I feel my cold coming back.

No comments: