Thursday, May 3, 2007

4:04

Today has been great! I went to school and made up a spread sheet for Don Spring. That man is such a creep, but oe of our biggest customers so he needs special care. Anyway, made him his spread sheet and hauled ass to my feminist theory class. It was a pretty interesting discussion today and I actually enjoyed the group presentations. I got my paper back on Cixous and got an A which is always exciting. Left class and went to work again to finish up some odds and ends. Did that and met up with Justin on his lunch break. We went to some italian place on Santa Monica and ate some delicious sandwiches and salad.

We spoke about moving to Barcelona in January of 2008. I know, I always go back and forth, but Barcelona is something we have talked about for the past year and half and this time Justin actually looked interested. Hah! He is the more practical one, whereas I am the more flighty head in the clouds one. I hope we make some sort of big move. I wouldnt mind living in LA or even moving back to SD, but I want to do something with my youth that doesnt make sense and is exciting.

Anyway, after lunch we dropped the rent check off and I dropped Justin off at work. Drove to the tire place up the street to get my back right tire patched up. Justin discovered a screw in my tire monday morning! Just last week after my front right tire blew out on the 101 North (no shoulder, lots of traffic) I got all new tires and a week later one gets a screw stuck in it! Just my luck. Actually, it isnt that bad. Dropped the car off and walked to the 99 cent store where I bought some new ice trays, plastic bags, candles and 6 of these awesome rose drinking glasses.

Walked home with the goods and opened up all the windows to air our shit out. It gets so stuffy in our apartment. Interesting fact, our apartment (well, more like attached cottages) were built in the 1940's to house the air force troops during the war. It makes perfect sense since we live close the the Santa Monica airport. Anyway, back to my day...

Walked to the record store down the street and picked up some Beegees cd's for Aldren. I have no idea why he wants those cd's but he is so sweet to my grandparents I wont even question it. Picked up some records as well and spoke to the owner about possibly going in and seeing his stash in the back. Such a bummer that this place is closing. I guess the owner just had enough of retail and decided to close up shop. First the awesome vintage store and now the record shop. All we have is trader joes now. Hah!

Walked to the atm to get some cash and almost walked away without my atm card. Got change at Trader Joes to do laundry and when I arrived home and put everything away someone yanked the laundry machine. Great. Time to clean and take a shower. As you can see, nothing really exciting happened today, but it was just a good day all around. It is so beautiful outside today I just couldnt spend it at work all day.

Going to San Diego this weekend, midterms next week, I cant wait for summer.

No comments: